The solution starts here...
Tarrant County Challenge, Inc., founded in 1984, is dedicated to confronting substance abuse in Tarrant County, Texas by identifying needs, educating the community, mobilizing resources, promoting collaboration, advocating for sound public policy.
The goal of the agency is to eliminate substance abuse by mobilizing Tarrant County, its communities and agencies, in developing and implementing comprehensive, coordinated strategies for substance abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and awareness. As a member of the Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America, the Challenge Coalition strives to:
- Increase community awareness through education.
- Develop training opportunities for providers.
- Link information systems.
- Assist local agencies in creating solutions by providing technical and fundraising support.
- Support school district prevention efforts.
- Organize countywide awareness activities and events.
- Provide planning and advocacy that assists agencies with the development of human, material, and financial resources.
- Impact public policy by informing local, state, and federal lawmakers regarding the needs of Tarrant County residents.